If you are interested in joining our friendly pre-school, please make an appointment to come and have a look round and pick up a registration form or download a REGISTRATION FORM Then return your completed form to the office, along with your deposit payment of £20
Once we have your completed form on file and have received the deposit, your child will be registered with us and we will be in contact with you during the term before your preferred start date to discuss availability of sessions.
Our main intake is in September. Admission at other times of the year will depend on availability – updates will be posted at the end of this page.
Places at Little Pippins are offered in line with the following guidance criteria:
- A Harwell Village child on a Child Protection Plan or Child in Need Plan or a Looked After Child.
- Children already attending the pre-school and eligible for free entitlement
- Harwell village children eligible for 15 hours universal funding and starting primary school the following academic year.
- Harwell Village children eligible for free entitlement hours – including eligible two year old children.
- Distance from the child’s home to the setting .
- Age of the child.
- Where there are too many children in the above criteria requesting places, places will be offered to the oldest children.
- Date of registration.
More details of our admissions procedures can be found in our Admissions Policy (Childcare Practice 9.1). We are often asked if a child attending Little Pippins will get preference for a place at Harwell Primary School. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The Oxfordshire County Council Primary School admission criteria does not prioritise based on any pre-school or nursery attended by the child..
Please read our Privacy Notice for information about the data we collect from you and what we do with it.
UPDATES ON AVAILABILITY
We do not currently have any spaces until September 2024. Please see below for deadline for September 2024 admissions.
September 2024 admissions. The closing date for registration applications for admission in autumn 2024 is Thursday 28th March 2024. Places will be allocated and offered during May based on the registration forms received at the cut off date and in order of priority as set out above. Any applications received after the cut off date will be added to the waiting list in order of priority and considered after the initial round of offers depending on remaining availability.
To apply to join the waiting list, please complete and return a Registration Form. Whilst every year is different, it may be useful for you to know we have been oversubscribed in recent years and have only been able to offer places to children who live within Harwell Parish.